The situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve. We want to make sure you are informed on how we are keeping our clients, patients and staff safe at Winchester Community Mental Health Center, Inc. located in Winchester, VA and Inwood, WV.
We continue to provide the highest-quality integrated behavioral healthcare services for our clients and patients we follow all CDC regulatory prevention measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 at our facility. Our goal as healthcare providers should remain focused on taking care of our clients and patients who need treatment. Now more than ever it is critical to ensure that people who need our help know they can still turn to us.
Please know that our staff stands ready to help those in need of behavioral healthcare services not only during this time of need, but at all times.
Some of the many precautionary measures we are taking to ensure well-being include:
- Lobbies/waiting rooms are closed. All centers are currently checking client/staff temperatures upon entering the buildings.
- Increased awareness on hygiene, cleaning and sanitization processes, and social distancing
- Revised policies and processes regarding staff travel and working in-office or at home
- Increased awareness of Covid-19 pandemic training
- Communication and notification processes in place if a case of COVID-19 is identified
- Heightened awareness surrounding geriatric and medically compromised patients
All Winchester Community Mental Health Center services continue to be available:
- Tele-Medication – teleconferencing, telephone
- Tele-Therapy – teleconferencing, telephone
- Labs and injections – At center face to face
- SA Case Management – teleconference, telephone, face to face
- SA and MH Partial Hospitalization & Intensive Outpatient – face to face
- Medication Assisted Medication – OBOT program – teleconference, telephone, face to face
- Community Based Services – teleconference, telephone, face to face
At Winchester Community Mental Health Center, Inc, we are taking this pandemic very seriously, and all our efforts are designed to ensure that COVID-19 does not prevent us from continuing to help those in need of treatment.
To schedule a new appointment please call 540-535-1112 press option 2
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact 540-535-1112 Ext. 103.
Thank you for your trust,
Winchester Community Mental Health Management